Exploring Seattle, Washington with Photography: Part 2

Hey folks! Here's some more goodness from my trip to Washington. If you missed Part 1 of my trip, make sure to check it out.

And thanks for being patient with me :)

So James and I drove up around Lake Cushman, to the Staircase Campground on the Olympic Peninsula. We set up camp, ate, and then as night fell, a gorgeous full moon showed up. I decided to do a little night photography.

Crazy I know, but these next two photos were taken around MIDNIGHT. Ah.... It was glorious.

There's really nothing quite like waking up to this view. But more than just the view, the sounds and smells and feel of the fresh air, and the excitement of being in a new place with a day full of exploring ahead. 


James was craving some hot chocolate, and decided to get creative. He melted down a chocolate bar and some marshmallows in hot water, and actually ended up making some super delicious hot chocolate! Wayyy better than that powder junk.

Mmm mm mm! Oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas. We had this for breakfast every day we were camping. Basically the breakfast of champions.

So I'm almost embarrassed about this, but not really. I didn't take a single photo with my camera until we had reached our next campsite that evening. Honestly though, I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't want to distract from the experience by pulling out my camera. I just wanted to be relaxed and there. Have you seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty? If not, you gotta. 

We drove around the peninsula, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Green everywhere, with spectacular views of the ocean. We drove all the way up to Port Townsend hoping to camp there, but discovered they were pansy campsites. So we kept driving and ended up at Sequim Bay as the sun was setting.

We were starving by the time we got there, so we quickly set up a fire and got our chili warming up for the chili dogs we were making! But before dinner was done, I had basically eaten my weight in chips and salsa, and consequently felt really sick after dinner. So I set up a hammock and promptly passed out. When I woke up, it was dark. Good ol' James had put everything away. We hung out around the fire for a bit, and then decided to go check out the bay.

I didn't take my camera, sorry. But it was sweeet! The moon was bright on the water, so we could see really well. We found lots of little crabs hiding in the cracks of the dock, and TONS of little jellyfish hanging out in the shallow water. They were cool, but kinda freaky too.

In the morning, James made some more delicious hot chocolate, and we headed back out to the bay after breakfast. The beach was practically made up of shells instead of sand. It was COVERED with clam and oyster shells. There were lots of people hunting for clams and oysters. One guy was sitting and shelling them. Not gonna lie, it looked pretty nasty. But we talked to him for a while, and he said he was getting them for a dinner with his kids that evening. I'll bet that's some pretty delicious seafood.

We explored for a while, and I collected a few especially pretty shells. Then we set off on our next adventure, this time to Hurricane Ridge to get a good view of the mountains. 

You know I'm a sucker for mountains :)

The higher we went, the cooler it got. Soon we got into some snow. WOW was it pretty. I was trying my best to soak it all in.

We got to the top, and had a fantastic view. It was just so BIG! The air was crisp, and the wind filled my lungs with a nice full breath of mountains.

So... The water we had gotten from out campsite was nasty. It was yellow. For reals.

James had had enough of the pee water, and kept seeing all these delicious looking springs along the drive. He couldn't resist.

They were a little tricky to get to, but boy was it worth it!! We had delicious mountain water, and only a little bit of dirt and leaves.

We were a little sad to leave the peninsula and the great outdoors, but also pretty stoked about starting our adventure in the city. We caught a ferry to Seattle, and it was pretty neat. 

I only got seasick for the first few minutes. After that, we had tons of fun exploring the boat, and standing out on the deck, feeling the sea breeze. 

Boy, those mountains looked dang good.

So that's all for now! Stay tuned for our adventures in the fabulous city of Seattle! Until then....

Keep exploring :)


Thought this was cool? Follow me for more adventures!

More adventures: